If you are to have your blood taken for analytical tests, you should report:
- on an empty stomach,
- after a good night’s sleep,
- in the morning (7 am to 10 am),
- if possible, after stopping to take medicines and vitamin supplements (having consulted this with a physician),
- one day before the test, reduce physical effort, have normal varied diet and do not drink alcohol.
You should not report for having blood taken:
- in the period of fasting or having substantial meals,
- while having a period.
In some cases, blood tests are carried out after a meal and after taking medicines. Such tests are carried out following a doctor’s orders.